(from Zynga’s Official Forum)
You asked for it, and now Storage has finally arrived! The Storage Cellar can hold various items throughout your Kingdom and comes with multiple looks as well. Check out the details below and discuss!
Acquiring a Storage Cellar
You may acquire the Storage Cellar by clicking on Market button and finding it under the Buildings tab.
Note: Players will need to reach level 6 to unlock the Storage Cellar. Players can only own 1 Storage Cellar.
- Click on the green design arrow button at the bottom right of the screen to enter Design Mode.
- Next, click on the Storage Cellar icon.
- Now find an item you’d like to store and click on it.
Placing items from Storage onto your Kingdom
- Click on the Inventory button and then the Storage Cellar icon.
- Click on the use button to place the item you want.
The Storage Cellar’s Upgrade Stages
The Storage Cellar can be upgraded to hold more and more items. Each new stage holds an increased amount of items and comes with a new look. (To upgrade your Storage Cellar, click on it in the game and acquire the necessary materials.)
Stage 1 = Holds 50 items
Stage 2 = Holds 100 items
Stage 3 = Holds 200 items
Stage 4 = Holds 300 items
Stage 5 = Holds 500 items
Types of items that can be stored:
There are various items that can and cannot be stored in the Storage Cellar; the graph below shows which ones are which.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why is the Storage Cellar locked? How can I get it?
A: The Storage Cellar is unlocked once players reach level 6.
Q: I stored some items but can’t find them. Where are they?
A: You can find your stored items in the Inventory under the Storage tab.
Q: Am I able to sell the Storage Cellar?
Q: Will I need to rebuild buildings that are placed in the Storage Cellar?
A: No. Buildings placed will not need to be rebuilt, however, any buildings with customized colors will resort to their default colors when placed back into your Kingdom.
Q: Why can’t I place the Bottomless Pit or other Royal Decorations?
A: Each level that you gain increases how many Royal Decorations you can have in your Kingdom at time. The Bottomless Pit, for example, gives you +5 Castle points, so you will need to store enough of your current Royal Decorations to meet this amount in order to place it.
* The timers on items, such as ponds, houses etc, will not continue to countdown while placed in the Storage Cellar. The timer will be reset once it is placed back into your Kingdom. So houses with a 4-hour timer, for example, that have 2 hours left and are stored will be reset to 4 hours when placed.
* Storing Crafting buildings which are currently crafting an item will be reset when placed back into your Kingdom and the materials and item lost.
Storage Cellar’s Quest Guide:
- Visit 6 Neighbors
- Feed 10 Animals in your Kingdom
- Have a Storage Cellar (You can find the Storage Cellar by clicking on the Market button in the quest window, using the search feature in the Market, or by finding it under the Buildings tab in the Market.)
- 300 Coins
- 3 XP
- Store 5 items in your new Storage Cellar. (To store items, click on the green arrow at the bottom right of your screen to go into design mode, click on the Storage Cellar icon and then click on the desired item to store.)
- Harvest 25 crops in your Kingdom.
- Fish 6 times in yours or your neighbors’ Kingdom.
- 500 coins
- 5 XP
- Upgrade your Storage Cellar. (You can upgrade your Storage Cellar by clicking on it in the game and acquiring the necessary materials.
- Craft 5 Wood Planks. (Wood Planks can be crafted in the Workshop.)
- Banish 1 Beastie in a Neighbor’s Kingdom.
- 1,000 Coins
- 10 XP
- 1 Energy Potion (Gives 5 Energy).
- Buy 2 Sheep. (Purchase Sheep by clicking on the Go To Market button or finding them under the Nature, then Animals tab in the Market.)
- Have 2 Animal Treats. (You can find Animal Treats by once again clicking on the Go To Market button in the quest window or finding them in the Consumables tab in the Market.)
- 100 Coins
- 10 XP
- Upgrade your Storage Cellar to hold 200 items. (You can upgrade your Storage Cellar by clicking on it in game and acquiring the necessary materials.)
- Have 5 Thick Books. (Acquire Thick Books by clicking on the Post to Friends button in the quest window.)
- 1500 Coins
- 20 XP
- Bottomless Pit (You can find the Bottomless Pit in your Decorations tab in the inventory. Placing it will increase your Castle level by +5. Note: If you are unable to place the Bottomless Pit, you may need to store some Royal Decorations or level up to increase your Royal Decorations limit.)